Osmo Polyx-oil Raw
Please note: This product has no tint options.
Check Stock Availability In-Store
Osmo Polyx-Oil Raw is a transparent, matt wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is stain-resistant, water-repellent and abrasion-resistant. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more even colour.
Without the need to prime, this is a quick and easy to apply wood coating. Suitable for wooden furniture and wooden floors, Osmo Polyx-Oil Raw is water-repellent so won’t crack, peel or blister.
Preparation and Application of Osmo Polyx-Oil Raw
For best results, ensure the wood surface is clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw is ready to use, no need to thin just stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly and remove any old paints and lacquers completely before applying. Fill small cracks, joints or holes in the wood with Osmo Wood Filler before applying with an Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller. Apply thinly along the wood grain and spread well. Be careful with applying excess Polyx®-Oil Effect Raw as it may lead to a white chalky surface. If this happens, we recommend that you remove visible white pigments before allowing the surface to dry.
Allow 24 hours to fully dry with good ventilation. After drying, quickly apply a thin second coat and allow to dry again. When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually enough.
Osmo Polyx-Oil Raw Overview
- Lightly white pigmented
- Nearly invisible appearance, no ‘permanent wet effect’
- Light coloured wood stays light coloured
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
- Weight 3.000000
- Application Method Brush, Roller
- Product Application Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush or Microfibre Roller
- Coverage 1 litre covers approx. 30 m² with one coat
- Touch Dry Approx. 24 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity)
- Surface Interior Wood, Floor
- Water or Oil Oil Based
Free delivery for orders £50 and over (UK mainland - Express* service)
£5.99 delivery for orders less than £50 (UK mainland - Express* service)
Order before 12pm Monday-Thursday for Next Day Delivery excluding bank holidays