Privacy & Cookies Policy
Who we are
We are Paint Traders Ltd, trading as The Paint Shed, a UK limited company registered in Scotland (no. SC031414) at registered address: 8-9, 20 Munro Rd, Stirling FK7 7UU.
What we collect
We will collect information that you submit to us that enables us to provide you with the services offered. Should you order from us, this will include your name, email address, telephone number and address information. We will hold your order history on file (which will include your contact details). If at any point you want us to delete your name or email address, we will do so immediately, please just email us at [email protected]
If you sign up for our mailing list, we will keep a record of your name and email address. Every newsletter features an unsubscribe button if you wish to do so.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to fulfil the orders you place with us, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular:
- internal record keeping, as required by law
- to confirm your order, confirm order despatch, deliver your order or confirm a refund where applicable
- to assist you with any queries concerning your order or any other query
- to send you information regarding our company and products that we believe to be of interest to you but only if you signed up to our newsletter by choice.
Who we share your information with
In order to run our business and provide our services to you we work with a few third-party vendors who help us to complete the functions outlined above. These include:
- our payments provider Braintree/PayPal who enable us to take payments from you, our customers
- shipping couriers DPD and UPS, and our logistics partner CCL, who we use to get your delivery to you from our warehouse
- where we have your consent, marketing and survey providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Google and Trustpilot. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by emailing us at i[email protected] and we will remove your details from our marketing lists.
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long it is required to fulfil the purposes which we have outlined above. The amount of information retained will be proportionate to how sensitive that information is. Legally we must keep basic information relating to purchases for a minimum of six years.
Cookies are identifiers that are passed to and stored by your computer when you visit a website like ThePaintShed.com. These cookies allow the website to recognise you, if and when you return to the website. This allows us to:
- identify you when you register and log-on to our website
- keep details of the items you have stored in your basket, so these can be viewed if you leave the site and come back
- use analytical tools like Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers arrive at and use our website, so that we can improve the online customer experience we offer
- ensure we show you the most relevant product and content on our website to make the experience as personalised as possible
- help us keep the site secure and help protect against any fraudulent activity
- share content with you that’s based on your interests through our site, newsletter and third-party advertising applications.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can block cookies so that your browser doesn’t accept them by adjusting the settings in your internet browser. Please refer to the help section of the browser to learn more about this. For the best experience whilst visiting our website, we suggest you accept cookies from our site.
You have various rights about your personal information and how others, including us, retain and manage it, these include:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you within our business.
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- the right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances where we’re not legally required to retain that information.
- the right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through by unsubscribing using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- the right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To request further information or to make a complaint, contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Updated: June 2021