If you're looking to restore your wooden decking back to it's full potential, we offer a range of high quality decking oils from top brands Osmo and Sadolin at great value prices. Use an Anti-Slip Decking Oil to create a safe outdoor surface and don't forget to clean and prep carefully first using a specialist Decking Cleaner. ... Read more
Decking Oil FAQs
For best results on oiling your decking follow these steps:
- Prepare the decking - clear any furniture, plants etc. Sweep the surface and hose away any dirt, dust or mold.
- Select the right decking oil to achieve your desired finished result.
- Ensure your decking is fully cleaned and dry before starting to oil your decking.
- Work in sections, avoiding lap marks - this also helps to ensure an even finish.
- Wipe off any excess oil using a clean cloth or brush, this will help to minimise the oil drying uneven or forming in sticky sections.
- Allow to dry and re-apply 2-3 coats, depending on your desired result.
The time needed for decking oil to dry can differ between brands and products, always refer to the tin. Our Osmo Anti Slip Decking Oil needs to be left to dry for around 12 hours under good ventilation conditions.
We recommend you oil your decking every 1 to 2 years to maintain its appearance and protect it from the elements.